Accomplishments: I've been to worlds as amateur twice the second time landing in 3rd place. Excited to hit my stride as an outlaw in 2018.
1) Where are you from? Golden, BC Canada
2) How long have you been wakesurfing? 10 Years
3) What boat do you mostly ride behind? Any boat that wants to bring me out
4) Do you remember the first time you experienced wakesurfing and if it was love at first sight or did it take time to like it? I bought my first boat in Texas and my friend Will came along to wakeboard our way back to Canada. He had seen wakesurfing online and he wanted to try it. I was skeptical but once we tried it we forgot about wakeboarding.
5) What was the first trick you landed and how long did it take to get it? Riding with a girl standing on my shoulders. That didn't take very long. We were a little more focused on the party side of boating for the first bunch of years. haha It wasn't till I moved to Chestermere and started riding with that crew 3 years ago that I really started to surf.
6) What trick would you most like to learn? Hail Mary
7) What's your favourite lake to ride on? Mable Lake BC
8) If you could surf with any two people you don't normally ride with who would they be? I love riding with all my friends and there are lots I only get to see once a year or less. But top of my list is always Adam May's crew and The Vernon Indian Reserve crew.
9) Of all the countries you've never been to, which one would you most like to visit for a wake surf competition? Japan
10) Favorite foods? Anything without Kale or Bell peppers
11) Favorite movies? Shawshank Redemption
12) If you were stranded on an island what 3 things would you bring? A boat, a gps, and lots of gas.
13) Who do you admire the most? The Duke
14) Wake up for glass or sleep in and take a chance? I'll get up anytime for glass.
15) What is one thing that annoys you the most? People that can't show up on time.
16) Describe yourself in 3 words. Big Burley Canadian
17) What is your biggest addiction besides wakesurfing? Sledding (snowmobiles), Hockey, Family
18) Favorite TV show? Comp Live Feeds!
19) Iphone or Android? Iphone
20) Tell us something about you that people likely don't know. I have a terrific wife and a 3 year old that keeps me very busy. Also I claim to be the biggest guy in the world doing body variels.
21) What do you like most about Kanuk and why do you ride for them? As soon as I met the guys from Kanuk I knew it was going to be a good fit. I got some attitude from the company I was buying boards off before that and was already looking for a change. They were so focused on making a great board for good prices, all while building a big network of people that ride together. They made me a custom deck for graphics and size. I couldn't be happier.Click to check out our VEDDER skim board!