Accomplishments: 2-time defending Masters Champ at the Koocanusa Wakesurf Challenge!
1) Where are you from? Calgary, AB & Kelowna, BC
2) How long have you been wakesurfing? 5 years
3) What boat do you mostly ride behind? Tigé RZX3
4) Do you remember the first time you experienced wakesurfing and if it was love at first sight or did it take time to like it? Love at first sight! I bailed hard on a wake board in 2010 and instantly retired. Surfing was exactly what I needed to get back out behind the boat. I've become addicted to the great cardio and core workout that surfing provides.
5) What was the first trick you landed and how long did it take to get it? Seriously, the only thing that has rivaled dropping the rope for the first time was landing harder tricks like the Alley Oooop and Air 180.
6) What trick would you most like to learn? Air Reverse
7) What's your favourite lake to ride on? Wood Lake in BC (our home lake)
8) If you could surf with any two people you don't normally ride with who would they be? Jimmi Sparling and Markus Lahmer
9) Of all the countries you've never been to, which one would you most like to visit for a wake surf competition? Austria
10) Favorite foods? Sushi and Indian
11) Favorite movies? The classic triumvirate: Strange Brew, Caddyshack, Slap Shot
12) If you were stranded on an island what 3 things would you bring? My wife and 2 kids! Then a guitar, surf board and the complete works of Charles Bukowski.
13) Who do you admire the most? My Dad
14) Wake up for glass or sleep in and take a chance? Both
15) What is one thing that annoys you the most? Laziness
16) Describe yourself in 3 words. Bad Ass Polymath
17) What is your biggest addiction besides wakesurfing? My Kids
18) Favorite TV show? Star Trek
19) Iphone or Android? iphone
20) Tell us something about you that people likely don't know. I was a pretty good baseball pitcher and got to try out for the Cincinnati Reds at a rookie camp one year. Read: board sports followed shortly thereafter.
21) What do you like most about Kanuk and why do you ride for them? The Team. I've learned so much from riding with all the guys and girls. It's been nice for this old dog to learn some new tricks.